Why and how to prepare candidates for an interview
Follow these steps and I guarantee it will save you time and money
We have all been in a situation when a candidate arrives for an interview totally unprepared. It can be really frustrating and cost you a huge amount of wasted time. Some hairdressers and barbers simply don’t know how to prepare for an interview. This is no fault of their own. There is no handbook given out at school to teach these skills!
I’ve put together a list of question you can send to your interviewees prior to their interview to help them prepare. This will give you a great insight to the candidate. It will help you to assess how they react to instructions. You will see how thorough they are taking on a task.
This is just as beneficial for the candidates too! They will have a great understating of your salon and let them see if this is a good fit for them too. They will get to see your work and company ethos without stepping inside the salon. You may find a couple of candidates decline the interview as it’s not right for them and this is totally FINE! You want to invest your time and energy with people that resonate with you and your salon.
Not only that the candidates will have time to think of answers to many of the standard questions you would ask during the interview.
- What products do we use in the salon?
- How many followers does the salon have on social media…Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- What makes our salon different to others in the local area?
- Name our 4 nearest competitor salons?
- What attracted you to our salon?
- When did our salon open?
- What is your favourite colour/ hairstyle?
- What has been your biggest achievement?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges in salons right now?
- What courses would you like to go on?
- What would you most like to improve on?
- What has been your biggest learning curve and why?
- What are your strengths?
- Who inspires you on social media?
Let us know how you get on! We love your feedback.