Role: Learning Coach (Academic)
Hours: Mon-Fri 9-4pm (must be able to work 3 days per week)
Salary: £13.55 per hour
Duration: Temporary ongoing (until approx. July 2022)
Reed Further Education are proud to be appointed as the Managed Service Provider for the South Thames College Group and REED are supplying all staffing for across the whole college group. The South Thames Colleges Group is made up of Kingston College, South Thames College, Carshalton College and Merton College, which merged in 2017.
The South Thames College Group are currently seeking academic Learning Coaches to support their learners who require academic support on a temporary ongoing basis. If you are a graduate, home tutor or just someone who is keen to start a career in education and is passionate in supporting young adults then this role is for you.
The Learning Coach Role:
• Supporting learners aged 16-25 year olds
• Supporting with reading, scribing, wellbeing, encouragement, and motivation
• Creating and reviewing SMART goals
What the Learning Coach Will Need:
• Good Written & Verbal Communication
• GCSE Maths & English A-C or Degree in any subject
Learning Coaches support in the following areas:
• GCSE/ Functional Skills English & Maths
•Vocational subjects e.g. hairdressing or construction
• General academic support in their Level 3 qualifications
Reed FE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK's largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local REED Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.