General Manager (Hospitality / Housing / Care) - The Woodlands, luxury retirement living development
Adlington Management Services (AMS) are an innovative specialist manager of high-quality retirement accommodation with care, typically comprising multi-storey privately owned apartments. We are part of the multi-award-winning developer Adlington Retirement Living, which is part of the respected Gladman group with over 30 years of development experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic General Manager with great interpersonal and communication skills to take ownership for the overall management of our latest Retirement Living Community. Exclusively for the over 65s, The Woodlands is comprised of modern, stylish retirement apartments located in Heaton Mersey, Stockport (Cheshire).
All apartments benefit from their own balcony or patio and homeowners enjoy the use of a stylish lounge, table service restaurant serving breakfast and lunch daily, coffee lounge, activities studio, therapy suite, hairdressing salon and guest suite.
The development is easily accessed by car, situated just off the A34, with excellent road links and bus services to Stockport and Manchester Piccadilly.
The Role - General Manager (Hospitality / Housing / Care)
As General Manager at The Woodlands, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality, customer focused housing management, social activities, care and support, catering, maintenance and administration services.
Managing a small team, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with homeowners, relatives, colleagues and professional advisors, providing a welcoming and homely atmosphere
* Implementing a programme of leisure and social activities for homeowners
* Providing assistance and monitoring homeowners on a daily basis, ensuring care and support plans are in place for all homeowners who require them
* Collecting and banking funds for service charges and the guest suite
* Ensuring that housing and wellbeing services are managed effectively within compliance and regulatory frameworks
* Undertaking risk assessments, recording maintenance inspections and arranging for fire tests to be carried out
* Reviewing all contractors, procedure manuals and undertaking value for money reviews
Our Requirements - General Manager (Hospitality / Housing / Care)
* Proven managerial experience gained within the hospitality, care or housing sector or a customer service focused business
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to deal with complex issues, prioritise workload and work effectively under pressure
Although not essential, knowledge of regulatory requirements for housing and wellbeing services, and knowledge of best practice in housing provision for older people would be highly advantageous.
Our quality focused, family run businesses make significant investments in employees and commercial projects, with ongoing success directly attributed to a strong emphasis on teamwork and open communication. Each member of the workforce is valued and support is provided for career development.
As the Hospitality General Manager, you'll benefit from:
* A salary of up to £33,000, with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
* 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* 6% employer pension contributions and private healthcare
You'll be employed on a permanent, full time contract, working approximately 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. Flexibility will be required to meet business needs.
All applications for this General Manager (Hospitality / Housing / Care) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions