As a billion-pound company, success often stems from managing the P&L effectively. At L'Oréal finance is not just sitting on Excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, commercial, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates. You will...
You will be placed in one of our 34 brands or corporate team and become an integral part of the team using all major financial software programmes i.e. Salesforce, SAP and Magnitude. The role will test and develop your financial awareness, business acumen and interpersonal skills. You will undertake projects (e.g. cost-efficiency projects, financial reporting, etc.) alongside your day to day duties and ad hoc report requests. Day-to-day you may be...
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures, Accounting & Finance standards as well as audit requirements
- Assisting finance controllers and supporting marketing and/or commercial teams on a day-to-day basis
- Contributing from a finance perspective to initiatives to grow the business, ranging from product launches and marketing activities to pricing and commercial activities.
- Participating in the monthly financial closing:
- Ensuring costs are booked correctly (purchase orders tracking
- Tracking actuals costs vs. forecasts (variance analysis)
- Month-end reconciliation (e.g. media spends in relation with internal and external teams in media agency, media commissions, commercial balance sheet reconciliation, etc.).
- Providing key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information/data.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Strong communication and networking skills - verbal and writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Strong project management skills and evidence of seeing things through to completion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have a keen interest in events and the hairdressing industry
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L'Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That's the beauty of L'Oréal. Next steps...
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you're happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don't worry what you look like, just worry about what you're saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you're prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don't get invited straight away - it might just be because your function's Assessment Centre date isn't until later on in the recruitment period! Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.